21 Years of Building Hope
On Monday, June 18, 2018, Trinity Health Foundation held its 21st Annual Building Hope Women’s Golf Tournament to support Trinity Health CancerCare patients. Thirty-six teams registered to participate in the event held at the Souris Valley Golf Course. The tournament was very competitive as the top three teams finished with scores of 62, 63 and 63 respectively. Following dinner, catered by Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, the golfers were treated by a keynote address from Dee Dee Kraft, a fellow golfer and cancer survivor. Dinner was followed by the awarding of both individual and team prizes for the event, as well as the drawing for the raffle items.
Click here for 2018 Photos
Individual Prizes were awarded for:
• Straightest Drive – Kara Kline
• Closest to the Pin – Lauri Hynek
• Longest Putt – Jamie Kok & Tracy Borud
• Chip or Get Off the Pot – Tina Langhans
• Happy Gilmore Putting Contest – Jodi Peterson
• Special Chipping Recognition – Gayle Bohl
Team Prizes were awarded for:
• First Place – Edward Jones - Mark Kohlman(Carla Vigested, Aarika Young, Marie Sanders & Kasha Diehl)
• Second Place – Sammy Herslip Realtor(Courtenay Burckhard, Jade Teske, Sammy Herslip, & Alyx Pederson)
• Third Place – Bremer Bank(Kathy Kragh, Eileen Kraft, Mickayla Titus & Jill Allex)
• Last Place – Clifton Larson Allen(Pamela Holwegner, Nancy Scofield, Aimee Muus & Rachel Gruenberg)
• Cart Decorating Contest – Dee Dee Kraft, Amber Kraft, Michelle Warren, & LeAnn Grondahl
The raffle prizes were won by the following individuals:
• 8 Disney World 1 Day Park Hopper Passes ($1,360.00) – Michelle Peterson
• 1 Year YMCA Family Membership ($950.00) – Tony Alef
• Mini Minneapolis Getaway ($615.00) – Heidi Bender
• Modern Baltimore Quilt ($500.00) – Sandra Harbort
• Glosco Wine Cabinet ($398.00) – Andrea Boschert
• 4 Bears Stay & Play Package ($255.00) – Bonnie Rolle
• Easy Street Tabletop Electric Grill ($150.00) – Faye Borud
• NDSU Autographed Football ($150.00) – Rick Selk
• Bennington Golf Golf Bag ($150.00) – Andrea Roedocker
• Calloway Golf Bag – Renae Murphy
• Sterling Silver Beaded Yellow Bangle ($135.00) – Kathy Hoaglund
• 2 Norsk Hostfest Great Hall Concert Tickets ($134.00) – Connie Teets
• Autographed UND Hockey Jersey ($125.00) – Connie Pease
• Radio Flyer Wagon ($100.00) – Kammie Anderson
Trinity Health Foundation would like to thank and recognize the following sponsors of the Building Hope Women’s Golf Tournament:
T-SHIRT SPONSOR - $3,750
TOWEL SPONSOR - $2,750
WATER BOTTLE SPONSOR - $2,750
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit
RANGE BALL SPONSOR - $2,250
TEG Architects LLC
BAG TAG SPONSOR - $1,750
Town & Country Center
GOLF TEE SPONSOR - $1,750
GREEN & TEE SPONSOR - $1,500
Vaaler Insurance/HCIS & Covery’s
FAIRWAY SPONSOR - $1,000
Edward Jones – Mark Kohlman
First International Bank & Trust
First Western Insurance
Jerry’s Repair & Alignment
North Dakota Envelope Company
Peoples State Bank
UND School of Medicine
BIRDIE SPONSOR - $750
Minot Daily News
Stonebridge Farms of Minot
Team Sponsors - $500
Brady, Martz, & Associates, P.C.
E. Dexter Scott, MD
Howard & Associates, P.C.
North Prairie Rural Water District
Paradiso Mexican Restaurant
Pringle & Herigstad, P.C.
Town & Country Credit Union
United Community Bank of ND
First International Bank & Trust
Trinity Health Foundation would like to thank and recognize the following companies who supported the event through financial donations:
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Noridian
Ritter Family Dentistry
Trinity Health Foundation would like to thank and recognize the following individuals and companies for donating the raffle items and door prizes:
4 Bears Casino & Lodge
Badlands Restaurant & Bar
Buffalo Wild Wings
Dakota Square Tesoro
Don Bessette Motors
Hampton Inn & Suites
Hint of Whimsy
I. Keating Furniture World
Karma Convenience Store
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Mall of America
Masana Portrait Artwork, NYC
Minot Family YMCA
Minot State University
Norsk Hostfest Association
North Dakota State Fair
Oak Park Theater
Off the Vine
Preferred Restaurant Group Inc.
Rick Bronson’s House of Comedy
Sammy’s Pizza & Restaurant
Swanston Equipment Corporation
Synergy Medical Massage & Reflexology
Verendrye Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Walt Disney World
The total income generated by the Building Hope Women’s Golf Tournament was more than $40,000. All proceeds from the event will be used to assist CancerCare patients. Many patients will benefit from this event as lives will be saved, people will be healed and families will have hope.
The Trinity Health Foundation appreciates everyone who participated in and supported this event, especially MIDCO, for the time, effort and energy their staff members contributed to help make the event such a success. MIDCO also provided the beer carts, lunch and snacks, and the beer tent for the event.
We thank Steve and all of the staff at Souris Valley Golf Course for their efforts to make this event a success.
We thank the Celebrity Golfers for their contribution to the event – Darin Scherr, Ray Cook, Dave Buen, and Marty Murray. We also wish to thank Duffy’s Hockey and Sports and Custom Quality Builders for donating supplies for the special games.
We would also like to recognize Classic Rock Coffee for supplying the breakfast and coffee, as well as Flower Central for assisting us with beautiful arrangements.
We also wish to thank Rhonda Johnson, Simonne Paul, Shane Jordan, RaNelle O’Keeffe, Renae Lenertz, Andrea Roedocker, Kaylee Schell, Jeff Beck, Jami DeCent, Dennis Ness, Elizabeth Bricker, Dalton Ramirez, Kyle Fuller, Pablo Hernandez, Greg Rhone-Mootry, Ryan Kruger, Jacob Lafoille, Drew Bell, Faith Davis, and Kathleen White who volunteered during the event.
All photography for the event was by Pete Ladendorf.